Friday 24 April 2015

"print2print" exhibition @ Studio One, April 2015


These are my two works exhibited in the print2print exhibition with members of the Auckland Branch of CPCANZ (Central Print Council Aotearoa New Zealand), organised by artist Ruby Oakley. We were required to submit two related works, 20cm x 20cm, inspired by the theme "light and dark." 


Submerged 1
monoprint
20cm x 20cm

Submerged 2
monoprint
20cm x 20cm

In my prints I was trying to capture the light as seen from underwater. A recently acquired underwater camera and the opportunity to go snorkeling over the summer holidays meant I had loads of inspiration begging to be acted on. These 2 works are part of a series of 9 monoprints.

Twenty three members took part in the exhibition and the results were a vibrant and interesting selection of works.


















Being one of the volunteers to hang the exhibition it was a great chance to meet with other print council members. It was also a fab opportunity to learn from more experienced exhibition hangers and I learnt some invaluable practical tips. 
Great experience all round!

I also had 4 works (collographs) in the exhibition "Lasting Impressions" by members of Waitakere Printers Ink, in the adjoining room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback or comments. Thanks for visiting! Please remember to credit tonihartillart.blogspot.com when sharing or using any of my images or information.