Wednesday 17 April 2019

Guest artist at Waiprint 2019 - preparations!




 Earlier this year I was invited to be the guest artist 
at the annual Waiprint exhibition held at 
Artspost Gallery, Hamilton, New Zealand,

July 19th - August 19th 2019.

Opening event July 18th, 5.30pm.


 Waiprint is the annual exhibition by the Waikato Society of Arts Printmakers 
and 2019 is their 30th year - quite a milestone and I feel extremely honoured to have been invited.
So, despite having already said I wouldn't/ couldn't take on any more projects this year.... this was one I didn't want to turn down. 

The exhibition opens on July 18th, just 2 days before our BIG Forest has the Blues exhibition opens, and WHILE our Forest install will still be taking place! 

In order to accept the invite and to be sure I put together a body of work that will do the show justice (hopefully!) I began planning back in February and got everything framed, packed and have just now handed them over, yes, well ahead of time. (Did I mention I am also going to be in Spain for most of June so... another wee hitch in a very full year to plan around!)



My exhibition will be called "Field Notes" and includes works created in the past year or so, all of a botanical nature - all works that have involved research into aspects of New Zealand ecology. 
There are also 2 new framed works, as yet not exhibited, plus I am very excited to exhibit a couple of one of my recent artist's books. (Unusually I made an edition of 3 - my books are usually one-offs!)



Artists Books Workshop 

 

 

I will be running a 1 day workshop which will be an introduction to various simple book structures and will aim to inspire and encourage participants to play with ideas and concepts to take their work in new dimensions, literally. The workshop will be on 7 September at Artspost Galleries. (Unfortunately it will be after the exhibition ends due to my very full diary but hopefully it will mean I will have a clearer head by then!)
To view some of my artists books click on the tab in the bar at the top of the page and scroll down. Links within the page will take you to earlier posts about the making of most of the books.

More information to come, or check the Waikato Museum website for updates.











Follow me on Instagram
for a more regular insight into my work

or visit me on facebook:



Thanks for visiting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback or comments. Thanks for visiting! Please remember to credit tonihartillart.blogspot.com when sharing or using any of my images or information.