Wednesday 10 April 2019

"Scattered" - a group show of works in progress




Image credit: Celia Walker.
  .

We are counting down to the installation of our group show

"Scattered"

Separated geographically, but connected through ideas, Scattered brings together artists Elle Anderson, Celia Walker and Toni Hartill with an expansive scattering of work that responds to ideas around shifting horizons, uncertain pathways and traveled landscapes. Individual works act as field notes, working drawings, partial renderings and snapshots, but operate together to form a group response to remembered places.



Celia Walker, Elle Anderson and Toni Hartill.

Studio One _ Toi Tu
1 Ponsonby Road,
Auckland.
Opens Wednesday May 1st, 5pm.

Please join us!


My installation of multiple small works will provide a glimpse into my works-in-progress, sharing my “scattered” thought processes and playful ways of working through mark-making and experimentation. I have used a myriad of printmaking techniques on a range of surfaces from quality printmaking papers to vintage found papers (eg.pages from my grandfather's notebooks dating back to the 1950s.)

Although we began with the same starting point, a literary quote evoking landscape themes, we have each ventured forth on our own tangents to create our three, constantly evolving, and distinctly different, bodies of work.


Below are a few more pics of my works in progress.



 



 For more pics visit my earlier post here.




Follow me on Instagram
for a more regular insight into my progress:

@tonihartillart

or visit me on facebook:
facebook.com/tonihartillart



Thanks for visiting!

AND  
we hope you can join us 
at the opening! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback or comments. Thanks for visiting! Please remember to credit tonihartillart.blogspot.com when sharing or using any of my images or information.