Sunday 11 August 2024

"The Expanded Field of Print", PCANZ selected exhibition



Image credit: Joanna Fieldes, Deborah Crowe, Jennifer Halli



The Expanded Field of Print 

20 August - 14 September, 2024


Norman King Square, Ernie Mays Street,
Northcote Central, Auckland.


Opening event: 
Saturday 17th August, 
1 - 3pm
with a floor talk by the selector, Steve Lovett.



This is a selected exhibition by members of
and is a wonderful opportunity to view contemporary printmaking 
by artists from all over Aotearoa.




Please note: 

(as mentioned in my earlier post)

ALSO opens on Sat 17th August, 2 - 4pm

I will endeavour to attend both openings 
but will definitely be at 

the Depot Artspace, Devonport 

to welcome visitors from 2 - 4pm.


Please join us at both events!


"The Expanded Field of Print consists of over 40 selected works by members from the Print Council Aotearoa New Zealand. The intent of the exhibition is to encourage printmakers to explore different ways of engaging with imagery, materials, processes and technologies. Works selected are contemporary and diverse ranging from floor based, wall mounted, and plinth to a variety of hanging installations.

The Print Council Aotearoa New Zealand is a national, non-profit organisation supporting and promoting printmaking across all regions of New Zealand. Members’ work encompasses the full spectrum of printmaking from traditional, contemporary through to the experimental."



I'm delighted to have had my artist book

Chorographia I

selected to be a part of this exhibition.


Description:
Wall hung cascade-style artist’s book
comprising multiple pages which are intended to be lifted
to reveal hidden layers and details.
Media:
Sumi-e paper, linocut, woodcut,
monoprint, collagraph, collage, stitching,
repurposed gilt frame moulding &
brass fittings.
Dimensions: L 775mm x W 198mm x D 35mm


"Chorographia I" Toni Hartill


My Chorographia series of works were created for my

solo exhibition WAYMARKERS, Nov-Dec, 2023.


You can view this series of works in an earlier post HERE.


Artist Statement:

Choros: place, Graphein: to write

The art of describing or mapping a region or district.

Topographic imagery and patterns as seen on and of the landscape, are layered in patchwork-like grids, evoking fields and weathered surfaces along the imagined route of my journey through rural Aotearoa, as I embarked on my Opunake artist residency.









I aim to follow-up with a post about

the exhibition once it has opened.


Stay tuned!

I'm excited to see the diverse variety of formats and processes

members have explored for this innovative exhibition.



Thanks for visiting!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback or comments. Thanks for visiting! Please remember to credit tonihartillart.blogspot.com when sharing or using any of my images or information.